Wednesday, January 31, 2007

So when do I get the check?

After having a rough week of being with the kids non-stop and feeling like my life has no meaning besides changing diapers, making bottles and wiping runny noses - I thought I wonder what I would get paid if this were an actual paying job. I found a mom salary calculator and WOW!!! For you other moms out there, you can check out your mom salary - you will be amazed!












Anyway, after having my hours of a pity party for myself - I realized that the little things that my kids do each day is what gives my life meaning. To have them give me a hug for no reason or know that I can kiss them good night makes every other thing during the day seem trivial. Elizabeth today during gymnastics cracked me up. The teacher called out "Super Stars" when it was time for them to go line up to go out to the gym. She ran over there and then yelled back at me, "Mom, am I super because I just thought I was a star?" I love when she comes up with these things and her silly little antics make my day seem so much brighter. AJ's talking is starting to take off and I know his speech therapy will only help him more. I love to see him light up when we can actually understand each other. Yesterday, he came up to me and pointed to the counter and said "nana". I asked him if he wanted a banana and he got so excited that I understood him. It is so fun to see him grow and change every day. And Jacob - WOW! It is hard for me to believe that it has been 11 weeks already since his birth. He has become so bright and his smiles melt my heart every time. I think he is by far my most snuggly one and I can't wait for the upcoming months when he starts to interact more and more.












Well, now that I have gone on and on - I suppose I should go get some shut eye before the next round of chaos. Some days it is hard to imagine going on changing the diapers, making the bottles and wiping the runny noses but I couldn't picture it any other way!

2 comments:

Shelley said...

I really don't know how you manage 3 kids! I applaude your efforts, and truly understand the need to vent!

Tricia said...

We can't believe how big he's gotten!!! He is looking more and more like Bizzy.