Monday, April 23, 2007

What next?

Well, for those of you that haven't heard, I topped off my talents with a flying trip in the yard that ended with a nice cast and a pair of crutches as my reward. I broke my ankle on Saturday while mowing the lawn. I fell in a drain ditch and heard the crack and knew it could be good. I was lucky enough to land near the phone (and Jacob for that matter) so I was able to call my neighbor and have her come over. She watched my kids while her mom (who had just flown in the night before) took me to the ER. After a few x-rays, and MRI and a dose of morphine, I was sent home and told I couldn't bear any weight on my leg for six weeks. So here is my question to you all - how in the heck do you take care of three kids, a house and prepare to move when your husband is gone and you can't even get off the couch? Well, the answer that I have come up with is having the love and friendship of all of the people around you. I am not sure what I would have done without Kristina and everyone else for that matter. My Mom was able to fly in last night and is staying for a week. My sister-in-law and nephew are coming after that and then I'm not sure. All I have to say is that I am blessed to have the people in my life that I do or else I don't know where or what I would be doing right now.

I get to see the orthopedist on Thursday and I will keep you updated as to what the next step will be. Thanks again to all that have sent their well wishes and helped me out!!!!

1 comment:

Shelley said...

CRAP! That really stinks! I wondered why you hadn't posted anything new on your blog lately...Girl, you couldn't have picked a worse time to take up flying lessons! I promise we will get creative when I take your family pictures...how many ways can we hide the cast? You will have to have your mom take a picture of you for your blog!

So sorry...