Wednesday, April 16, 2008

a day with the mouse

My mom and I adventured out to Disneyland with the kiddos. Let me just say, you need to have a lot of patience to wrangle three kids in the vast sea of people that spans Disneyland. Anyway, I decided to rent strollers for the boys when we got there because their strollers are pretty nice and have a lot of under storage and hey - if someone wants to take one - no skin off my back, it's not mine! I also fashioned the boys with harnesses (which I swore I would never use) for those moments they were out of the strollers.

Pirates of the Caribbean is something that I didn't realize would traumatize Elizabeth when we loaded onto the boat. She shook and hid most of the ride and AJ sat frozen. Jacob on the other hand thought everything was pretty cool. I felt bad afterwards when I realized how scared Elizabeth had been. We did have a major melt down after our first ride though, so it was off to find some lunch to satisfy these little monkies and bring their moods back to even keel. Once their bellies were full, it was back to having some more fun.


We headed over to the 100-Acre wood to find Pooh and all his friends but after waiting in the line for 20 minutes without it moving we decided to head over to the Pooh ride and hope the kids didn't get scared on this one.


The Pooh ride seemed to be a success and the kids really enjoyed it. So, it was off to the train to see the rest of the park and plus, what kid isn't fascinated with trains?

After the train ride we decided to head over to the other side of the park and take Elizabeth through Cinderella's castle. She thought it was the best thing that she was able to go through the house. I really wanted to get a picture of all three kids together but couldn't seem to manage not to get some hoodlum walking through the background - oh well.

We then rode the merry-go-round, Snow White, Casey Jr.'s train, and Pinocchio. Once the kids were sufficiently pooped out (as we were too) we decided to head home. I would have liked to stay for the parade and done a few more things with the kids but knowing we will be back in May and then in June, I figure, they will get their fair share of Disney Magic soon enough.


And what would be a day at Disney without at least one kiddo falling asleep in a stroller?

Thank you Mom for your help! I couldn't have done it without you!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It was a GREAT day and turned out to be much easier than I had anticipated. (can't say I didn't sleep well that night though) The kids were all very good and it was so rewarding to see the thrill in their eyes with all the fun sights that Disneyland provides. Thanks for letting me join in on the fun!
Mom/Gamma