Monday, February 26, 2007

So proud of my Dad!


I know most of you look at this blog for glimpses of the kids but I thought I would share a little with you about my Dad. As most of you know, my parents live in southern California which comes with great weather and beautiful beaches. My Dad went to college at UC Irvine and lived on Balboa Island but never took up any water sports through out his younger years. In the past couple of years he has decided that it is never too late to learn to surf. He has spent almost every weekend for the last two or so years out on the open water figuring out his balance and working hard at trying to "catch the perfect wave." The serenity that he describes while he is out there is incomparable. I can only hope that when my kids are grown and gone that I still have the ambition to take on great tasks and learn new things. I am so proud of my Dad!

1 comment:

Shelley said...

It's great to see your Dad having so much fun! I sure miss seeing your parents...great people.

P.S. You can tell them that Andy finally had to retire the slingshot ball they gave him...We decided it was getting a little worn.