Sunday, May 10, 2009

why?

Why?

This is the question that I have been asking myself a lot over the past few days. I am 3 days post-op today and am still wondering why anyone would willingly put themselves through a surgery like this.

Why did this have to happen in the first place? Am I really that accident prone or does someone just have it out for me?

For those of you that don't know or remember - yep, Jacob broke my nose for a second time about 2 months ago and I had to go in to have things put back where they belong. Fun stuff - let me tell you!!!

Why does it hurt so much? Well, I guess I can answer that one. A hammer to the face just isn't going to feel good, right?

Why does my my neck and back hurt so much if the surgery was on my nose?
Why? I tell ya! WHY?

9 comments:

Sally said...

Oh, you poor thing. Really wishing I could be there to help you. But, it will get better and you'll be happy you did it. I might suggest that you begin to wear a face mask for all child-mother interactions. Your luck is just to risky. :-) Hang in there, lady.

Tricia said...

I've been wondering how you were doing? Just didn't want to call if you were all drugged up and knocked out. Hang in there toots! the worst is over. :)

P.S You know all the cool kids are doing it!

Debbie and Kirt said...

Let me know if there is something I can do to help! Hope that you are feeling better soon. Hang in there.

Sarah said...

Oh Carrie! Looks like you can still have a drink right? That oughta help. Poor thing, hang in there, I have a feeling after all this you're gonna be the prettiest Bond girl there ever was!

Anonymous said...

Dear Carrie,
From a Father's perspective - You still are beautiful!!! The good news is that when AJ tells you to "take off your moustache" you'll be able to soon!!! We all love you very much!!!
Dad

Mom/Gamma said...

Well, other than the beautiful yellow color, you look better than I thought you would. I'm so sorry you had to go through this, it's NOT fair!!! At least you know that Jacob should be able to survive most upcoming sports due to his extremely HARD head. Hang in there, it will get better soon. You're the strongest person I know.
Love you lots!!!!!!!!!

Steve Nichols Smith said...

OUCH!!! I can't imagine the pain you must be in. I hope it heals fast.

Jenny said...

Thinking of you Carrie.

Jason said...

That looks really painful. I wish you a speedy recovery.