Tuesday, December 16, 2008

the little boy who swalled a screw.

There Was A Little Boy
written by weary mommy, Carrie

There once was a little boy who swallowed a screw.
His Mommy had no clue what to do.
So, off the the ER she went,
And there to X-Ray they were sent.

A screw, "yes indeed", they did say,
Oh man, this was going to be quite a day!
To surgery with him, yes or no,
Or should we wait and see if he will "go."

As of tonight we will play the waiting game
and try not to place any blame.
The morning will bring more views of his tummy,
And I can only hope he doesn't find those screws yummy!


Yes, yes - that would be my Jacob. He decided today would be a good day to get a taste of a 2" wood screw. All said and done surgery was an option but the pros and cons were about even so we decided to wait and see what the X-Rays bring tomorrow. Wish us a painless and restful night as Mike is TDY and I can only cope with so much! :) Seriously, what was he thinking?

4 comments:

Sally said...

OMG. Truly...only one of yours. :-) I love, though, that you channeled all your pent up stress into a lovely poem. :-) It'll be great for your scrapbook of the event!

I'm thinking of you, lady. Hang in there!

Sally said...

By the way, got your Christmas card today. Absolutely darling. Photo's on my fridge. Thanks!

Sarah said...

I don't know which I'm more impressed with, your poem Carrie or your tank of a child who decided to eat a screw!!!! Keep us posted, hopefully it passes easily and no surgery is needed, poor baby.

erin said...

oh.my.goodness. Many prayers for your little guy's safe and painless "going".