Tuesday, December 2, 2008

what the....?


Did you see what that said? Did that mention running? Aaaaahhhhh!!!!!
Yep - she did it! She sucked me and Mike in! Our good friend, Lynette, has been training very hard for her first marathon at Disney World on January 19th.
Well, my motto has always been - no running for me unless it is running away from someone. I guess I am going to have to throw that concept out the window because today Mike and I registered for a race in Seaside in March. Now don't get me wrong - I am not getting too ambitious. I registered for the 5K while Mike in all his glory decided the 1/2 marathon was up his alley.
I guess now I am going to have to get my butt out of the house and on the road to running. Seriously, what was I thinking?

5 comments:

Sally said...

Go, Carrie! Don't think of it as running...think of it as a way to get a really legal high. :-) Gotta love endorphins! When are you going to get Lynette out here to force me off my fat butt?? Ha!

Jenny said...

This is a riot to me b/c I agree with you regarding the no running unless running from someone or something HOWEVER my sister (who was captain of her cross country team in college) has challenged me to run the Army 10 miler with her in October of 2009. She ran it this past October and is doing her first marathon this coming May. So I accepted her challenge only b/c when I told my Mike, he laughed and rolled his eyes at me like, "no way in hedoublehockeysticks you can run 10miles". So I have 'til October to figure it out! Good luck!!

Shelley said...

Just one word of advice, start out really slow...DON'T GET HURT!

You'll do great!

Kate said...

I knew it! I knew she would get you sucked into running. Once you have been bitten by the running bug there is no escaping it. You are now officially a runner...aka...crazy. Good luck, I'm sure you'll do great. FYI, you should set aside a budget for races now. :)

Mom/Gamma said...

I'm shocked, good for you. I wish you the best of luck, make sure the stretch. That's about all I know about running because my body refuses to run. You go girl!
Love & miss you all.