Wednesday, December 17, 2008

the update.


Thank you all for your well wishes - it really means a lot to me to know that I am surrounded by such warm and caring people.

Anyway, last night was pretty good however he did wake up at 5AM and said his tummy hurt. The pediatrician called at 6:45 and said if he wasn't crying or screaming it could wait until 9:30 before he got his X-Ray. So, I dropped AJ off at school and headed to the hospital. After checking in at pediatrics we headed over to X-Ray and as they were taking the X-Ray, wouldn't you know that kid decided to poop on the table and show everyone what he had swallowed!? After a good laugh and excitement over some poop, We headed back over to pediatrics for the doc to make sure his insides were all still good and nothing was seen in today's X-Ray. Everyone at the clinic gawked over yesterday's X-Ray as well as the fact that he eliminated it on the table. Oh that kid - I don't know what to do with him?

We are in the clear now and let me tell you - that boy better not consume anymore inedible things!!!

I posted a copy of yesterday's X-Ray just for kicks and giggles.

5 comments:

Sally said...

Way to go, Jacob!! So relieved to hear that he's alright. Must've been scary for you, Carrie, but it'll be a great story to tell when he's older.

Ok...going to baby-proof the house again. I'm not nearly as level-headed as I'm sure you were in that situation!

Tricia said...

Glad Mr jacob is all better.

Sarah said...

Good news!!! What a relief!

Mom/Gamma said...

Well, I also think that Jacob's real name should be "Tank". He showed those doctors, right there on their table. Way to go Jacob, what a boy. So glad that everything "came out" okay, was very worried. Love you Jakey and good job Carrie!

Jenny said...

Oh my goodness. What an event! What a story! Glad he is happy, healthy and poopy :)