Tuesday, March 10, 2009

ten on tuesday

1. Shout it from the roof tops! Mike has had two promotions in two days. Yesterday he was promoted to test director for the SPO. (Don't ask me what that means but I know it is a move in the right direction.) And today he found out that he made Major. He doesn't get to pin on for a while but he did it! Proud of you babe!

2. Update on the Binky situation: The weaning was great. Who thought that my craziness would have resulted in such an easy transition. Jacob had a rough time during nap on the first day but since then it has been a breeze. Every once in a while he will tell me that his Binky is broken but nothing beyond that.

3. While we are on the subject of updates, the nose is doing good. A little sore still but really no bruising and not too noticeable that it is out of place. I go in to the doc in mid-April to schedule the surgery to remove the splinters and do a cartilage graft. Being it doesn't hurt that bad, I wonder if I should even do the surgery because I have a feeling that is going to be a lot worse. Hmmm.

4. The weather is beautiful right now. Mid 70's with a light breeze and sunny. Who could ask for more. Now if it would only stay this way all year round, I would be in heaven.

5. With the weather being so nice lately, we have implemented a new rule. No TV on weekends. This has become much harder than anticipated. My kids are truly addicted to the thing. Is it so bad that I am forcing them to play outside? You would think I was torturing them. I suppose there are worse things I could do to them, right?

6. I have started thinking about AJ & Elizabeth's birthdays coming up next month and think I am going to go with the same theme party we did last year - a luau in the park. Niceville has a wonderful Children's Park and you can reserve space for a birthday party. The kids have agreed to have a combined party again this year and it is just so hard to come up with a gender neutral theme and they seem to think the luau thing is cool. Plus, the benefit of the park is that I don't have to worry about having my house clean or cleaning up afterwards.

7. If you haven't headed over here, you should. I still have my bow contest going on until Thursday evening. Enter yourself to win free bows. I have been adding more bows every day.

8. I started my 10K training on Sunday. I haven't signed up for one yet but I do have another 5K in April and then the Eglin Gate-2-Gate race (4.4 miles) in May. I am in the process of trying to figure out if I want to go the route of training for a half marathon or just stay with my lower mileage. I am going to just take it slow and see how I feel in a couple of weeks. No rush, right?

9. Girl Scout cookies are evil! Evil, I tell ya!

10. I am getting photography bookings for almost every weekend. I love it! Jump on over here and check out some shots from one of my shoots this weekend! Beautiful family!

Have a great week!

No comments: