Sunday, July 27, 2008

morning at the beach

For nothing better to do but clean the house and go to the commissary, Mike and I decided we would take the kids to the beach this morning. I must admit, this was their first time in almost three weeks of being here (Mike and I weren't up to the challenge). They enjoyed themselves quite a bit after the initial fear wore off.

The water was so clear and there were a ton of little fish that this intrigued the kids quite a bit. Elizabeth spent a good portion of her time trying to catch them. She was successful on one attemtp and it took all I had to convince her to throw it back before it died - she was SO proud of it!
Jacob spent most of his time in Mike's or my arms however, once he figured out how warm the water was he wanted down and wanted to be independant. He is so fearless - is scares me!
AJ was scared of the water until he got some one on one time with Daddy in the water and then didn't want to get out.
All in all it was a pretty fun morning and I'm sure we will be spending many more mornings there in the future.

1 comment:

Tricia said...

Ahhhhh....Gotta love a Sunday morning at the beach :) We wish we were still there.