Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Wednesday Confessions Part II

Sorry about the late post - had some "drama" in the household and had to make a run to the doctor this morning. Thanks Debbie for watching the kids!!!!

Disclaimer: You should have all been forewarned by the title of this post but if you bypassed that part - here is where I warn you. You get what you get here. My mood will vary, that I guarantee, and I will do my best to give you my honesty in my confessions. After all, isn't that what confessions are about? Do you have any today?

1. In my attempt to re-engage the kids in their "jobs" around the house, I am in the process of implementing a new technique (stolen from Parents Magazine). I will post about this later. Something has to give or I am going to go nuts with all of the nagging and reminding. Maybe it is just time for them to go back to school. :)

2. I am terrified for Elizabeth to start kindergarten. Don't get me wrong. I can't wait for school to start but I am terrified of my own emotions. I mean seriously, crying during the registration process just shouldn't happen. I can only imagine what the first day will bring. Why is this so difficult?

3. I am totally stoked about Lynette moving in around the corner of us!!! And yes - I do confess - I am counting down the days. Only three more to go. :)

4. I think I have lost my nursing abilities. I am real quick to panic these days when my kids get hurt. Example, you say? Well, last night Jacob fell while walking on the driveway and somehow scraped two of his fingernails off. (Yeah - it wasn't pretty!!!) With screaming baby in hand and a washcloth soaking up all of the blood, my first instinct is to call our nurse line to find out what to do. I shouldn't doubt myself but I have been out of nursing so long that I do. All said and done, we didn't call the nurse line or head into the ER (another thing I wanted to do) but instead washed it off with some saline and then put some Neosporin on them with some cute band aids. (The band aids didn't stay on any longer than 10 minutes so I'm not sure what it will look like in the morning). Even though I feel like I know what I am doing and the reasons behind my assessments, I seriously doubt my abilities. I think I will take a refresher course.

5. Shhh! I am working on the launch of my brand new website for Bundles of Fun Photography! I am so excited to show you all when it is done.

6. My washing machine stinks!!!! Well - it isn't mine - it came with the house. But anyway, I am now figuring out why they left it. I was so totally excited when I walked in and saw these two new state of the art washer and dryers but have since learned that front loading washers have serious odor and mold problems if you don't take care of them properly. Who knew there was care to a washing machine? Anyway, after some bleach, latex gloves and a toothbrush (all done by Mike I might add) the smell has diminished but ugghhhh!

7. Keeping on the laundry theme, I am thinking about quiting the cloth diapering venture. We are having ammonia problems again but only with certain diapers. I have tried stripping them again but can't seem to get it resolved and I just don't want to put the money into buying new ones. I am so sad about this but if I can't get it resolved I don't see a reason to keep at it.

8. I am desperate to find an activity for AJ to do as he needs an outlet badly but am coming up empty handed. Everything that I think would be good for him requires him to be older. He does start school on September 3rd and that is three days a week, 9-2PM, so I think that will help. If anyone has any ideas - please share!!!!

9. My ear really hurts!!! Did I mention that my ear drum ruptured yesterday on top of Jacob's little fingernail incident? Well, it did and I can't get into the doctor - uugghh!

10. I think I need some chocolate or ice cream! :)


So those are my confessions for the week. Do you have any for me?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You never cease to amaze me. Just when I think my day was bad (5.4 earthquake) you always take the cake! It breaks my heart to see Jacob's little hurt fingers, ouch!!! But no that isn't enough for you, now your ear? Don't ever doubt yourself, even if the nursing skills don't kick in your motherly instincts will. I'm sure all of these traumas will work themselves out with time and they will just become another chapter. Hang in there and do me a favor, try to keep next weeks confessions a bit less"exciting".
Love you lots,
Mom

Tricia said...

I'm thinking of starting my own confessions now :) Sorry your day sucked yesterday. Hope Jacob's fingers get better real soon.