Sunday, May 6, 2007

Boo - Boo

Well - today must have been the day for skinned knees. First Elizabeth skinned her knee on the driveway as we were helping load our couches into a truck (we sold them because they won't fit in Edwards base housing). I am pretty sure that the neighborhood heard the scream that came out of her. We went inside and she sat on the kitchen chair so that I could wash her knee off and put a Band Aide on it. She was still crying and I was desperate to make her feel better. After a lot of prying as to what would make her feel better - it was a call to Daddy who made things all better.Not but two hours later we were back outside playing nicely with neighbors when AJ decided he needed to do a face plant in the street. This of course resulted in two more skinned knees. The ritual started all over again with the scream that the whole neighborhood heard and a quick ushering into the house. Once again, he was sat on the kitchen chair where I proceeded to wash off his boo-boo and put a Band-Aide on it. Thankfully this one only resulted in the need for some special attention and a kiss and things were all better.



Sorry about the video being sideways but I can't figure out how to fix it...you get the point anyway!

I am only grateful that Jacob can't get skinned knees yet after our track record today.

On another "boo-boo" note - the ankle update: After a week of spending time in a good old fashioned plaster cast, the orthopedist put me in a removable cast that was a little more manageable. I suppose the sob story that I gave her about my husband being gone and having three very young kids at home to take care of might have helped the situation a little. She told me to come back in another week to see how things were going. Well, I saw her again on Friday and she did another MRI. She said the fracture is healing well and the tendons are okay. She said they take a long time to heal so she wasn't too surprised that they weren't all that much better. Because of where the fracture is and the way I tore the tendons I am able to move my foot up and down but not side to side so she said I could go into an air cast. Life has been even that much better and I am able to get much more done. I am still very sore by the time night rolls around but I figure as long as things are improving. It looks like I am going to be in this cast for 4 weeks and then I should be good to go.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am also available for upset tummies and bad dreams anytime they may occur and cause a tear.

Unknown said...

I think you guys have had your fair share of boo boos lately...enough already! I hope you all recover soon!

Tricia said...

It cracks me up how in every video Moe has to toss his tail/butt into it. It's like he knows he's being taped.