Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Princesses, Princesses everywhere - Disney Part II

So, yes, I know I have been a little slow at getting this post done but in my defense, you have to agree that vacations are exhausting! And I think we brought home with us every germ that Disney had to offer as we all now have horrible head colds. Uggh! Anyway, on with the post.

Day 3: We had a special treat for breakfast. All of the girls were treated to a special trip to Cinderella's Castle to dine at Cinderella's Royal Table for breakfast. It was so cool early in the morning because we got to go in before the park opened and to see the streets empty was quite a site.
The girls then got to meet Cinderella one on one while we were waiting to be seated. Elizabeth was enamoured with her and told me later how much she loved her dress.

Once upstairs we were treated to some wonderful food and some royal treatment. The girls got to visit with the princesses and were taught how to make a "royal" wish.

After breakfast, us girls headed over to Tinkerbell's Tinker Shop. My SIL, Amy, let us in on a little secret. If you ask someone that works there to call Tinkerbell, you are treated to a real surprise. They give the girls a bell to ring and then on a screen there is a 3D version of Tinkerbell that appears. Once you have done that, they then put fairy dust in your hair and give you a certificate from Tinkerbell herself. It was pretty cute!

After all of our royal treatment and such, we headed back out into the park to meet up with the boys. Apparently they hadn't had such a "magical" morning so we decided a few rides on the Merry-Go-Round, Teacups and Dumbo again would suffice before we headed back to the hotel again for naps and swim time.

On the way to the Merry-Go-Round, Elizabeth had to give a try at pulling the sword out of the stone. No success but a cute picture none the less.

And I just couldn't resist throwing this picture in. Does this say sassy or what? This is my niece Madison with her prized lollipop.
After some more swim time back at the hotel, we headed back to the park for some dinner at a wonderful Italian restaurant. Can you say evil little boy to this pic? He decided that my MIL's ice cream was too much for him to resist and he dove right in.

After dinner, it was time for the night time electric parade. The kids were mesmerized by all of the lights and sounds. I was a pretty cool parade and has changed quite a bit since the last time I saw it.

Day 4: We headed over to Animal Kingdom to get our fill of all things furry. Right when we got there we headed straight over to the Safari Ride because we heard it fills up fast.

The kids has so much fun seeing all of the wild animals in a natural like setting. Our tour was really up close - better than anything else I have ever seen. The hippos were a big hit for my niece and of course AJ and Jacob liked the Rhino's.
After the Safari we headed over to Dinoland for some dino-rific fun. On our way there the adults stopped and got some FastPasses for the new roller coaster Mt. Everest. If you ever get a chance to ride this - DO!!!! It was awesome!
In Dinoland, we traumatized all of the kids on the ride Dinosaur. Let me tell you, there needs to be a disclaimer on this ride as to how scary and loud it was. All of our kids and my niece and nephew were buried into our laps crying through the ride as the dinosaurs came close to "eating" you at every turn and their roars were so loud even my ears rang.
We recovered from the ride with some lunch at a great BBQ place and then followed it up with some excavation of dinosaur bones.
After our excavation excursion, we headed in to see Nemo , the Musical. This was really neat and the kids thought it was cool to see the people making the fish swim all over the stage. I wish I had taken some pictures of it but you know, "No flash photography."
After the show, we headed back to the hotel for, yep, you guesses it - more swimming. That evening we headed over to Downtown Disney again. Mike and I took our kids to the T-Rex cafe for dinner. (The other kiddos were still too traumatized by our earlier ride to even set foot into the waiting area.) Jacob was enamoured with all of the dino's and showed us his best roar.

Stay tuned for Part III. I promise I will try and get it done in a timely manner. :)

1 comment:

Sally said...

I have to say, I hated that Dinosaur ride. I was terrified the whole time, too! Of course, Matt made me go twice...just to be sure I was actually scared. Definitely not kid friendly.

Looks like you all had an amazing trip. So busy!! No wonder you're exhausted! Now you need a vacation from your vacation...