Friday, February 27, 2009

the reality.

Several days of home bound illnesses will drive any mom to her breaking point. And I am talking throwing oneself on the floor kicking and screaming (AKA - temper tantrum). Not that this is what I did but when I am so bored and tired of looking at all of the little flaws on my walls, I decided the kids were healthy enough that we HAD to get out of the house. After taking WAY to long to get ready and in the car, we headed over the Niceville Children's Park for a little mommy break.

See, I chose the park because I can look like I am being a good mommy by taking the boys and doing something fun with them but in reality I was being totally selfish. You see, the park means independent play and I get to sit and breathe for a moment. And this particular day I was fortunate enough to run into an old friend that was having the same type of sanity break. We vented, breathed and tried our best to look like devoted good mommies. All in all I would say it was a successful trip for all involved and I am feeling a little less like throwing myself on the ground to kick and scream.




No comments: