Tuesday, April 7, 2009

My ABC's

I thought instead of a TOT I would try something a little different that I saw on someone else's blog - a little way to get to know who the heck writes all this stuff on this blog.

So, here we go with "My ABC's"...

A - Age: I would like to think of myself as perpetually 29 but in actuality I am 31. Not too far off I guess but certainly not in my twenties any more.
B - Bed Size: Queen. I long for a King-size bed but hubby is against it. I guess we will just have to wait and see who gets the final say when and if we get a new mattress sometime in the future. C - Chore You Hate: Dishes! I despise cleaning up the kitchen after meals and hubby used to be the kitchen cleaning master but these days it has slipped a bit. Hopefully he can get in touch with that desire to clean the kitchen sometime soon because I despise dishes!!!
D - Dad's Name: Steve
E - Essential Start Your Day Item: COFFEE! Did I mention that I need coffee upon waking? I mean really - one shouldn't need coffee to go on a run but let me tell you, I can't even do that if I haven't had my coffee.
F - Favorite TV Show: Grey's Anatomy. So, when is the next new episode?
G - Gold or Silver: I am a silver kind of girl. I'm sure that gold probably looks better with my complexion but to be honest it just seems outdated to me. I like the flat (not shiny) kind of silver. H - Height: 5'6" - as average as they come.
I - Instruments You Play(ed): I played the violin in elementary school for only a little while and then I played the flute and trumpet after that. I didn't make it into high school playing instruments so I probably couldn't play either one of them now if I tried. And I certainly cannot read music any more. That is one thing that I wish I would have stuck with.
J - Job Title: Mommy, Mamma, Mom, etc. first and foremost. I am a SAHM to my three beautifully crazy children and that is more than enough to fill a full day but because I am an over-achiever, I have my own photography business and also dabble in the field of bow making with an Etsy store.
K - Kid(s): I have three little bambinos; sometimes four if you include hubby. My oldest, Elizabeth, is about to turn 6. My two boys are AJ (almost 4) and Jacob (2). They keep me hopping but to be honest, I have no idea what I would do with my days without their antics.
L - Living Arrangement: Right now we live in a single family home that we rent. Really, do you think we would buy in a market like this? Actually if we didn't still have our house in Ohio, we probably would buy a house here but oh well, right!?
M - Mom's Name: DeeAnne
N - Nicknames: My family affectionately calls me Kiwi. That is what my younger siblings called me when they were little - couldn't get out the r's. My fellow Bond Girls named me Drama. As much as I hate the name, it fits. Life at the Marlin's wouldn't be life without drama.
O - Overnight Hospital Stays Other Than Birth: Amazingly enough I have never had any except the birth of my kiddos. I did stay over night with AJ when he was a newborn and was hospitalized for jaundice when he was 10 days old. Not sure if that counts.
P - Pet Peeve: Hmmm, there are so many. ;)
Q - Quotes You Like: Right now I am saying "You get what you get and you don't fuss a bit, " a lot! Elizabeth's teacher says this in her classroom and it works for me so there you go.
R - Right or Left-Handed: Right.
S - Siblings: Two of them. I have a younger sister and brother.
T - Time You Wake Up: That should say the time your kids wake you up. My boys are early risers so they often come to my side of the bed around 6:30AM with big bright cheesy smiles on their faces. I guess there are worse ways to be woken up. I must say though, if I had my choice I would sleep in until about 8:00 every day. I like my sleep!
U - Ultimate Dessert: Choc-o-late!!! I have a huge sweet tooth and you throw in some chocolate and I am in heaven!
V - Vegetable You Dislike: I can't think of any right now. I guess if I had to say one, it would be okra. I haven't had it since I lived at home so it has been a while but otherwise, I am not a picky person at all.
W - Ways You Run Late: I end up making myself late when I spend too much time on this thing in front of me right now and don't get done what I really need to. It is like a drug..... But, really I am not late very often. I can't stand being late or people being late to something we had planned. I guess you could say that is my pet peeve.
X - X-rays You've Had: Now that is just a funny question. Let's see what I remember.... nose, wrist, ankles (both), knee, neck, and so on. I'm sure if you include all of my life, it would be my whole body. I am slightly accident prone.
Y - Yummy Food You Make: Well that is hit or miss. I'm not sure why it happens but sometimes I can make something that turns out great and the next time I make it, it is horrible. I don't think I am that good of a cook but my kids and husband are still alive so it must be alright. I do like to bake a lot though. I guess that goes back to my sweet tooth!
Z - Zoo Animal: Hippo's - love them! (Mom you know what I am getting at!) :) I love how clumsy and big and round they are.

So, do I have anything in common with you?

2 comments:

Shelley said...

Great post Carrie!

Jenny said...

Grey's Anatomy is new on April 23rd :) Hope you are having a good weekend.