Friday, April 17, 2009

let me count the ways...

...that your beautiful soul has changed my life over the past four years!


1.) Your bright blue eyes light up a room and bring a sense of peace when you are around.

2.) Your snuggles are a joy to look forward too. The way you hug has so much meaning and sincerity to it!

3.) Your straight forward responses can be challenging at times but at least I know what is on your mind. You are not going to let anyone make you do something you don't want to.

4.) You have a sense of compassion that neither your sister nor brother can come close to.

5.) Your imagination is wonderfully creative and often times humorous to listen to.

6.) You have an unbridled love for Spiderman right now.

7.) You look up to your peers and want to emulate them in every way.

8.) You manage to get dirty in a way that no one can match. The ring you leave in the tub is quite impressive these days.

9.) You want to be just like your Daddy and do all that he does - build, mow, and even today you told me you wanted to pick up dog poop like Daddy.

10.) Most of all you have filled my life with love that I could have never imagined in my younger years. Each year that goes by, my love for you grows by leaps and bounds. Your little face makes me smile. Thank you for being you!


The list could go on and on but AJ I want you to know how truly special you are and that you mean the world to me and your Daddy. Every day you show me a side of yourself that is blossoming and growing into a little boy that is full of wonderment and curiosity about the world around him and you are developing the skills and traits that I hope for you to have long into adulthood. You fill my heart with so much love and pride. I wish for you a wonderful birthday little man!

Four year old photos coming soon!

4 comments:

Jenny said...

What beautiful words for your son. Love the photo. Enjoy his special day!

Sarah said...

Happy Birthday AJ! Carrie your words made me so ridiculously excited to have this little boy inside of me!

Mom/Gamma said...

Happy Birthday A.J. You are such a sweet boy and are growing up so fast. How lucky you are to have the parents that you do that love you soooooo much. See you in a couple of days and I can't wait for my special hug. Love you lots!

Tricia said...

Happy Birthday Juice Man!!!

We love and miss you!